A-Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-Team is a faction of outer empires.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in (Talon's Map)  (Merivia CW Forum)  (RP's Forum)

Hitchhiker's Guide to PS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cleaner

Hitchhiker's Guide to PS Empty
PostSubject: Hitchhiker's Guide to PS   Hitchhiker's Guide to PS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:57 am

repost from OE Forums (prior to inevitable censorship)

Must say I enjoyed the Douglas Adams tribute crafted by PS in their latest act of aggression. Somewhat like:

Quote :

PROSSER: But Mr. Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months!
ARTHUR: Yes, well, as soon as I heard, I went straight round to see them. You hadn’t gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody.
PROSSER: The plans were on display—
ARTHUR: On display? I had to go down to the cellar to find them!
PROSSER: That’s the display department!
ARTHUR: With a flashlight.
PROSSER: The lights had probably gone out.
ARTHUR: So had the stairs.
PROSSER: But you found the notice, didn’t you?
ARTHUR: Yes, I did. It was "on display" in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying, "Beware of the Leopard."
VOGON CAPTAIN:
There’s no point in acting all surprised about it. All the planning charts and demolition orders have been on display at your local planning department in Alpha Centauri for fifty of your Earth years so you’ve had plenty of time to lodge any formal complaints and its far too late to start making a fuss about it now.
MANKIND:
[Louder yells of protest]
VOGON CAPTAIN:
What do you mean you’ve never been to Alpha Centauri? Oh for heaven sake mankind it’s only four light years away you know! I’m sorry but if you can’t be bothered to take an interest in local affairs that’s your own regard. Energise the demolition beams! God I don’t know…apathetic bloody planet, I’ve no sympathy at all…

Now c'mon people, PS territorial rights follow very simple rules, feigned ignorance is no excuse:

Rule 1: By divine right, PS lay claim to any system that contains one or more moons. It does not matter whether or not they are settled - hands off, PS property.

Rule 2. Other factions are free to place SSs wherever they wish provided it is further than 3500 LY from every PS system including those from Rule 1

Rule 3. PS does, however, generously allow free settlement of Quadrant 5.

TC
Back to top Go down
Soul

PostSubject: Re: Hitchhiker's Guide to PS   Hitchhiker's Guide to PS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Cool story bro
Back to top Go down
Helio Solis
Admin
Helio Solis

PostSubject: Re: Hitchhiker's Guide to PS   Hitchhiker's Guide to PS Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 5:22 pm

This is a war game, do you think ppl playing Warcraft, Starcraft complain
When their empire is destroyed?

The analogy above doesn't work for me, arthur dent lost a home Ateam lost a couple of space stations in a video game. Ateam knew the risks, waited till our colonies were the right size, Ateam made ships with guns and armor to defend our stations.

PS had more ships with more guns. Kudos.

I put critiques in the oe forum, but it wasn't about them using their better ships and guns to take our stations that is the game. This isn't cooperative Railroad Tycoon.

I question the knowledge base from which they devised better ships, I'm not a big fan of taunting in general and PS didn't show much honor on their word breaking multiple cease fires.

If Ateam wants to defeat their preverbal galaxy super hiway Ateam will have to show up with more guns.
Back to top Go down
A Fluffy-Bunny

A Fluffy-Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Hitchhiker's Guide to PS   Hitchhiker's Guide to PS Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:59 am

sorry i wasnt able to get on OE this weekend guys, i really wanted to get on and help yall out, but i had church camp Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitchhiker's Guide to PS   Hitchhiker's Guide to PS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hitchhiker's Guide to PS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A-Team :: A-Team's Public Forum :: A-Team's Public House-
Jump to: