A-Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-Team is a faction of outer empires.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in (Talon's Map)  (Merivia CW Forum)  (RP's Forum)

The Cleaners statement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Helio Solis
Admin
Helio Solis

The Cleaners statement Empty
PostSubject: The Cleaners statement   The Cleaners statement Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Good pilots of Nyridia.

Image and myself, along with some brave friends, have fought a long campaign against injustice. Although we were up against staggering odds we were not ultimately defeated by conventional, or even unconventional, warfare. Instead we were both cheated out of our subscriptions. In this regime we were silenced, in the dead of night, through an inexplicable account suspension, presumably the final solution for those who won't go quietly.

Here's what happened:

We turned our focus one night to leveling Will Christy colonies. It had been a successful but otherwise uneventful exercise.

Very shortly after Will Christy logged into OE, I was banned. My ship (purchased with IWS points, equipped with IWS-purchased gear) was left floating in space with enemy ships bearing down.

I heard later that Will invited Sammy del Fierro to join in the attack on my pilotless (i.e., enforced defenseless) ship. I still have no idea whether they completed the job of destroying it or whether it still floats out there as a silent monument.

Moments after my ban Image was also taken out of play, via another ban.

That occurred almost two weeks ago. The timing, conveniently, coincided exactly with the ongoing truce negotiations with DIe.

The 'ban' happened without prior warning, and despite repeated unanswered communication with Paul and support, we have still not received any information about why we were banned nor how long it would last. In my experience (and I've been the victim of many bans in the short time I've been playing) this is pretty typical.

This time I think it is safe to conclude it is a perma-ban of convenience.

Perhaps an 'explanation' will finally now be forthcoming but in honesty I expect it to be as implausible as that given for the fake distress messages a while back.

More likely this post will simply be deleted without a trace.

So it looks like this is farewell to our OE friends (known and unknown) and all the other free-thinking subversives out there.

I hope you all are allowed the opportunity to enjoy OE more than we were.

adieu,
TC
Back to top Go down
Tyler Moore

Tyler Moore

PostSubject: Re: The Cleaners statement   The Cleaners statement Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Well, since this IS our Forums, and I'm not really into the game any more, I feel that I can express my thoughts. It seems that the devs have characters besides their Dev players. Everyone is too scared to say so for fear of ban. You shouldn't be, the devs need to be more honest with us. There has been quite a bit of controversy and people's experiences that back my beleifs. I Also have had a few strange "coincidences" with certain players in the
game.... Sigh go ahead ban me
will Christy, u can't get rid of me.
Back to top Go down
EVA Destruction
Admin
EVA Destruction

PostSubject: Re: The Cleaners statement   The Cleaners statement Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:36 pm

this is the first time ive seen this since ive been back and im totally in awe.

ive lost so much respect for Paul, OE Support and the entire Dev team. This has been so long ago since this occured, but the fact that they were banned like that makes me want to smack someone in the face.
Back to top Go down
james1234190

PostSubject: Re: The Cleaners statement   The Cleaners statement Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:19 am

Eva, if you have a problem, go to the Devs. If you had any idea what those two did to us, and indeed the game, you would change your viewpoint pretty quickly. You don't have the full story, and why should you take TC's words as the only truth?

Sorry, this is a topic which I just want to let die.
Back to top Go down
Galaxyhunter

Galaxyhunter

PostSubject: Re: The Cleaners statement   The Cleaners statement Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:18 pm

I'm not really understanding wh this ban was "really" all about. It seems to me that someone would have to do something horrific or successively after warnings to get banned or suspended. This is not a free game and if one invests money into a game, there must be written suspension/ban rules and it is not something that would be a minor violation. Mad
Back to top Go down
EVA Destruction
Admin
EVA Destruction

PostSubject: Re: The Cleaners statement   The Cleaners statement Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:09 pm

james, please feel free to clear things up so i can understand.
Back to top Go down
Galaxyhunter

Galaxyhunter

PostSubject: Re: The Cleaners statement   The Cleaners statement Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:46 am

EVA, I guess he just wanted to let the topic die. Ignore the comments. It's just the testosterone that drives the game Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cleaners statement   The Cleaners statement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cleaners statement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A-Team :: A-Team's Public Forum :: Discussions-
Jump to: